Supporting all Doctors
CPD Home is committed to providing Australian doctors with an outstanding, accredited CPD Home service to support learning activities of all doctors in alignment with the MBA Registration Standard: Continuing Professional Development. This includes:
- New doctors: When you reach the relevant career stage, you’re required to complete the annual requirement of the current cycle period.
- Overseas doctors: Meeting the CPD requirements is essential if you wish to maintain your ongoing medical registration in Australia.
- Part-time doctors: Even though you’re not practicing full-time, you’re still required to complete 50 hours of CPD annually.
- Senior active and retired doctors: Meeting the CPD requirements is essential if you wish to continue your ongoing medical registration into retirement.
Exemptions to the annual CPD Program may be approved by the AMA (WA) CEO upon application.
More details are available in our FAQs.
Annual CPD Requirements
To meet the requirements of the CPD Home Program, you must observe the following:
- The annual reporting period commences on 1 January and concludes 31 December. The minimal completion of 50 hours of CPD across two domains of learning during a reporting cycle, including mandatory learning is required. This includes completion of an annual written CPD plan and end of year reflection, and CPD activities that address the minimum number of hours for each domain of learning.
- Participation in the two domains of learning incorporates:
- Domain 1: Educational Activities (minimum 12.5 hours - maximum 25 hours)
- Domain 2: Reviewing Performance (minimum 5 hours) and Measuring Outcomes (minimum 5 hours) (Total time: minimum 25 hours - maximum 37.5 hours).
- Subscribers are required to engage in CPD activities that align to the Medical Board of Australia's Good Medical Practice: A code of conduct for doctors in Australia; 2020. Completed CPD activities must involve one or more of the following CAPE aspects:
- Culturally Safe Practice
- Addressing Health Inequities
- Ethical Practice.
Completed CPD activities for the CPD Year must include a CPD activity that individually addresses each of the above aspects. CPD activities listed in the CPD Catalogue will be assigned applicable CAPE aspects. When uploading other CPD activities to your record, you need to assign the applicable CAPE aspects to the activity.
- The minimum and maximum number of accumulated CPD hours for each domain must be observed. Additional hours will be recorded by the CPD Tracker but excluded in the annual CPD calculation where it exceeds the maximum number of hours by domain.
- You must save and retain your annual CPD activity records for three years after the end of each one-year cycle for auditing purposes by CPD Home and/or the MBA, even if you change to another CPD home service provider.
- Medical practitioners with a specialty registered scope of practice must also meet the high-level CPD requirements set by the relevant speciality college. These can be recorded under ‘Other’ activities for the relevant domain of learning set by the college.
If you’re struggling to meet your CPD compliance, we’re here to help.
CPD Home is responsible for informing Ahpra that you’re up-to-date with your CPD compliance obligations. So, if you’re ever audited by CPD Home or the Medical Board of Australia (MBA), compliant CPD reports with supporting evidence are only a click away.
CPD Statement of Completion
With CPD Home, you’ll periodically receive system alerts to remind you of key achievement milestones and due dates for your annual CPD Program completion. At the end of the cycle period, your annual CPD Statement of Completion will be automatically generated and available to view, print, or download as a PDF.
Where compliance has not been met, the CPD Home Participation and Compliance Policy will be followed. Please ensure you check the implications for non-participation with this policy and the MBA.
Download the CPD Home Program Guide for further details.
Subscribe Now for medical CPD learning, tracking, and reporting at your fingertips.
Visit our FAQs or Contact Us by completing our online form.